“Buprenorphine: Clinical and Public Policy Implications”
This virtual conference compliments Journal of Opioid Management’s Special Issue on Buprenorphine.
Journal of Opioid Management (JOM) is pleased to present this special educational conference titled, Buprenorphine: Clinical and Public Policy Implications (BUPE2021) focused on all aspects of the use of buprenorphine in medicine. Combined with our special issue on this topic, our goal is to broaden the knowledge base on buprenorphine, its potential in the healing pharmacopeia and as a pharmacological tool for pain management and/or addiction.
This unique one day online forum is comprised of renowned specialists presenting the latest advances in basic science, neurology, clinical application, pharmacology, pharmacogenetics, public health, opioid addiction, ethics, legal, regulatory and compliance. The program is designed to enlighten healthcare providers with new data, essential information, and best practices every medical professional needs to know when caring for patients using buprenorphine.
Topic areas covered may include:
· Clinical application of buprenorphine in pain management
· Where does buprenorphine fit on the ladder of analgesics?
· Rescheduling of buprenorphine to replace NSAIDS
· How does one rotate onto buprenorphine from other potent opioids?
· How does one rotate from buprenorphine to other opioids?
· The nuances of buprenorphine PK/PD and its clinical relevance
· Clinical utility of buprenorphine relative to other opioids, safer or not?
· Clinical application of buprenorphine in addiction medicine
· Perioperative management of patients on long-term buprenorphine
· Breakthrough pain management on buprenorphine
· Populations that would likely benefit from using buprenorphine up front
· Buprenorphine in complex persistent opioid dependence
· Buprenorphine in opioid use disorders
· How safe is buprenorphine in organ failure?
· Comparison of buprenorphine delivery technologies
· PK/PD of various formulations and delivery platforms
· Suboxone as an analgesic off-label
· Are benzodiazepines OK for a patients on long-term buprenorphine?
· Can patients overdose on buprenorphine?
· The role of buprenorphine in addressing the opioid crisis
· Economic considerations in prescribing buprenorphine
· Integration of buprenorphine into practice protocols
· Impact of buprenorphine on crime and legal issues
· Legislation impacting buprenorphine adoption
· Inequalities in pain experience and pain management
· Ethical issues in the use of buprenorphine
· Interpretation of urine drug screen results
· How to manage patients on cannabis and buprenorphine?
· How to avoid legal problems in today’s environment?
· Exploring the role buprenorphine plays in the US drug crisis
· NIH Interagency Pain Management recommendations
Why should you attend?
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, as the clinical use of opioids has risen over the past two decades, opioid-associated harm has risen in parallel. We must find a balance in the use of these powerful medications that supports their valuable role in healing while avoiding harm. This intensive 2+ day program led by renowned specialists is designed to inform primary care physicians, pain specialists, pharmacists and others with new data and essential information in the best practices, abuses and legal ramifications of opioids.
- 94% of attendees at ICOO 2019 said the conference increased their competence
- 87% of attendees at ICOO 2019 said the conference will improve their performance
Register today and be an active participant in the future of opioids! Register online now!
Visit our Call for Presentations…
The Call for Papers for ICOO2022 will open in late October.
Our sincere appreciation to all who have shown their willingness to participate in BUPE2021 and for your understanding in this unsettling time.
For more information, please contact us at 781-899-2702.
Mellar Davis, MD, FCCP, FAAHPM Conference Co-Chair
Mary Lynn McPherson, PharmD, MA, MDE, BCPS, Conference Co-chair
Richard A. DeVito, Jr., CEO
Michael J. Glynn, Conference Director